Our camps are tailored to two age groups. For 6-8 year olds, we will run 2-day camps (Thurs-Fri) while for 9-12 year olds we will run 3-day camps (Mon-Weds). We have tailored our activities to meet the needs of both age groups. For younger children, we’ve focused on nature exploration and play, with activities such as pond dipping, making nature boats and shelter building. For older children, we offer skills-based activities too such as woodworking and fire lighting. Of course, everyone will experience hands-on fun on the farm as well as a celebration campfire and marshmallows at the end of the camp.
Here’s an example of a typical itinerary for each age group.
Ground Up Initiative
Our Eco-Adventure camps take place at Ground Up Initiative (GUI), an inspirational setting that is unique in Singapore. The site includes a sustainable farm, a woodworking studio, plenty of outdoor space to roam and a stream to explore. We have a comfortable indoor space for when it rains, and a large campfire space for when it doesn’t! There is plenty of parking nearby for pickup and drop-off.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will we manage all Covid-19 Safe Management measures?
How will the groups be organised?
- Each camp will have a maximum of 20-30 participants. During certain activities, participants may be divided into smaller sub-groups. Please let us know in the booking form if you wish for your child to be with a friend on the same camp, and we will ensure they are put together.
What will happen in bad weather?
- Our experienced instructors will continuously monitor the weather situation using the NEA mvENV app. Depending on the activity, we will continue as best as we can in light rain conditions. However, as soon as a storm rolls in, we will follow our strict lightning policy and seek shelter immediately in our covered “Living Room”. We have a wealth of wet weather activities to keep everyone entertained until the storm has passed.
Do you provide lunch?
- We do not provide lunch and snacks for participants. We ask that parents provide a substantial packed lunch and snacks that will keep participants fuelled for lots of activities. To adhere to our food allergies policy, we request that all foods and snacks provided are free from nuts. Please alert us to any food allergy that your child may suffer from as well as the severity and whether they require an epi-pen. This must be clearly indicated in the booking form.
What happens if a participant requires first aid?
- All of our instructors are first aid trained and carry fully stocked first aid kits with them. In case of an emergency that requires further medical assistance, participants will be taken to the Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, 10 minutes drive away. Please see our Accident and Incident policy for more information.
Who are the instructors?
- Our OrcaNation instructors are experienced outdoor educators with a passion for connecting children with the natural world. Our dynamic team are from the UK, Singapore and America, with every instructor undergoing a thorough criminal background check and successfully completing our child safeguarding training.
How do we maintain safety during our activities?
- We complete detailed risk assessments of sites and activities and follow stringent policies and procedures with regards to safety, which you can see below. Children are supervised at all times and boundaries are very clearly set before any activity begins.
- When using tools, such as hand held farm tools or a flint and steel, children will be clearly shown how to use each tool safely using demonstrations and talks. Tools will only be introduced to children when the instructor assesses that the children are ready and children will be supervised by an adult at all times when using tools.
Please complete the booking form with your preferred camp date, and we will contact you to confirm availability.
Terms and Conditions
- Payment in full must be made at least 14 days prior to the commencement of each camp.
- Prices quoted are where payment is made directly to OrcaNation bank accounts. Any charges incurred for bank transfer are payable by the payer.
Cancellations by you
The full balance is due at least 14 days prior to the selected camp. You may cancel your booking within 14 days but no later than 7 days before the start of the camp and we will refund 50% of the balance payment. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer your child / children onto another camp, subject to availability (please see Changing Camps section below).
No refunds will be given on cancellations made less than 7 days before the camp start date. Changing to a different camp date is possible, subject to availability (please see Changing Camps section below).
In the event of bad weather (thunder or lightning), OrcaNation will provide a range of “wet weather” activities that can be completed undercover.
OrcaNation is not liable for failure to perform its obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane, volcanic ash cloud, or other natural disaster), pandemic, war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute or strike or is required (in OrcaNation’s sole determination) in order to comply with government health warnings or protocols.
Cancellation by Singapore government due to Covid-19
The full balance (due 14 days prior to the camp) will be fully refunded if the camp is unable to go ahead due to enhanced government restrictions relating to Covid-19.
Cancellation by OrcaNation
We will confirm each session 7 days in advance. If the minimum threshold for each session (10 pax) is not reached, we will transfer your child / children to another camp, subject to your availability. If no other dates are available, we’ll issue a full refund.
If we cancel due to our staff being unable to run the session we will transfer your child / children to another camp, subject to availability. If no other dates are available, we’ll issue a full refund.
Participants wishing to amend their booking date should notify their OrcaNation contact in writing as soon as possible. Following such notification, OrcaNation will offer alternative date options, subject to availability.
If alternative dates are available, 100% of the money already paid to us will be used as credit and carried over to the new dates.
If alternative dates are not available, we will issue a refund in line with the aforementioned policies (see Cancellations by you section above).
It is the parent or Legal guardian’s responsibility to notify OrcaNation of any serious underlying medical conditions, allergies or recent serious injuries.
OrcaNation instructors have the right to reduce the length of an activity if participants are not respecting environmental rules or adhering to safe practices.
OrcaNation instructors also have the right to change itinerary due to weather conditions, safety concerns or unforeseen circumstances.
Our sessions will take place on land owned and managed by Ground Up Initiative (GUI) and shared with members of the public. We use the space in adherence to the rules and in consideration of others.
You are responsible for the items that your child brings to the camp. OrcaNation are not responsible for any loss or damage to personal items.
OrcaNation reserves the right to alert and add to these terms and conditions when a need arises. Changes that relate to safety will be effective immediately.
Policy and Procedure
View our policies and procedures.